Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bonus Sunday - It's New and It's Now

Welcome to Bonus Sunday. Be sure to check out my Trip Report blog when you're done here, no new trip report, but a new post with a fun look at the Disneyland “Backstage Pass” Magazine.


Trip Report Blog - Disneyland “Backstage Pass”


This newspaper supplement is from 1972 and is all about the new land and new attraction at Disneyland.






This large supplement has aged rather well, not much fading at all. They appeared to have used some serious ink on this thing; it feels like it was just printed yesterday!






The Main Street Electrical Parade was pretty new too, I always like the early art work for MSEP.






A whole new “Day after Dark” at Disneyland. Check out that entertainment line up, Buddy Rich! Harry James!! Disneyland doesn’t have anything like this anymore, why not?






The whole supplement opens up to this BIG weird map of the park. This is like where’s Waldo on steroids! I had to stitch together 4 scans, and as usual it came out “OK”


5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Anything with a Disneyland map (and one I haven't seen before!) is OK with me. Love that Electric Parade ad too, did that debut in '72? I feel guilty that I never enjoyed the Country Bear Jamboree more... it's considered a Marc Davis classic, but I dunno - robot bears singing songs just wasn't my thing.

TokyoMagic! said...

Thank you for posting this! I have a copy that I have saved since childhood and I've been wanting to post it, but the thing was just too big for me to scan!

Notice how the Hungry Bear Restaurant sign reads "Golden Bear Lodge" in the artwork.

Mark said...

I remember seeing this in the LA Times! Thanks, Tim!

Mark.www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Pegleg Pete said...

Great post, as always.
Bring back the bears!

TokyoMagic! said...

Yes, BRING THE BEARS BACK!!!!!!!!