Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Junior Passport - September 9, 1980

I was at Disneyland 28 years ago today! Yup, this first ticket was mine. I remember the day well. My friend Robert’s mom supplied the tickets, she drove us to Disneyland in the morning (in her brown ’79 Pinto Wagon) and she came back and got us at night.






My friend’s ticket didn’t age as well as mine. They may be one serial number apart, but apparently he left his ticket on the roof for a couple of decades!






Also from 1980, this is the cover to a great brochure for Disneyland Employees and the “Family Open House” celebration.






Great stuff inside. You guessed it, come back for the entire brochure on Bonus Sunday.






Here's a fun page I dedicate to my “vintage slide” blogger friends, I wonder what’s in those slides???


1 comment:

TokyoMagic! said...

That stamped pink passport brings back memories. I have my "Junior" passports from that year too. Actually, I have passports and ticket book remnants from every single visit ever. You can't just throw that stuff away! I really wanted to go to the 25th birthday party on July 17th that year, but I wasn't driving yet and I couldn't get anyone to take me! Fortunately, I was able to go to the 30 hour party for the 30th birthday five years later. :-)