Monday, September 22, 2008

Family Fun Night at Disneyland - September 22, 1967

System Development Corporation has its Family Fun Night at Disneyland Forty-one year ago today on September 22, 1967. I believe this is the same System Development Corporation that according to Wikipedia "was arguably the world's first computer software company." (Link)





Also from 1967 (although from early 1967) here is the cover the Vacationland for Winter/Spring 1967. I sure to dig that artwork.






This is the "center-fold" of the Vacationland magazine. Comeback this Bonus Sunday for the complete issue, it's a super one!


4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The cover of that Vacationland was painted by Neil Boyle, who I took a class with years ago. He used to do quite a lot of stuff for Disney.

Major Pepperidge said...

I forgot to mention that Neil Boyle was nice enough to agree to be my sponsor so that I could join the Society of Illustrators. I let my membership lapse though, haven't done any real illustration for years!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Pardon the lateness of my responses, that darn “work” thing keeps getting in the way!

Major! Let’s see some of your work, I didn’t k now you do Illustrations???

Anonymous said...

Somehow my Dad got tickets for SDC nights every year. He didn't work for them but he must have known somebody who did. Usually in late September or early October every year SDC Night was. Was the best times of my life as a kid. Got on all the rides a few times and no crowds at all. Was awesome to find this ticket posted here. Brings back a lot of memories for me.