Sunday, September 21, 2008

Captain EO Premiere Party and Bonus Sunday

WOW, 22 years ago Captain EO Premiered. I only saw this show once, while it was better than "Honey I shrunk the Audience" (tooth extraction is better than that show) it was still weird and left me with a feeling that I must have missed the "point"...








Following up on Fridays post of Busch Garden Florida, here is a souvenir postcard pack from Busch Gardens Los Angeles (Van Nuys). No date, but it looks to be from the opening year of the park. Fond memories.....










3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Somewhere I have a different, later postcard booklet for Busch Gardens, looks like they jumped on the "gay 90's" (heh heh) bandwagon... lots of straw skimmers and women in full-length dresses.

TokyoMagic! said...

My family only went there a few times, but I have some great memories of Busch Gardens before and after the expansion of the ride area. I LOVED their "Turvey Mansion Funhouse." I haven't driven by the brewery in a very long time...are there parts of the old monorail beam that still exist today?

narvolicious said...

Thanks so much for sharing that Busch Gardens postcard. It really dispells the myth and mystery that shrouded that monorail thing that I always the skeleton of in the late '70s and early '80s.

As I commented in your other BG post, I was too young to remember the details of going to that park in the mid-'70s. But in the '80s I was fascinated by seeing the remnants of that monorail and used to think it was a rollercoaster. lol

The only remaining mystery to me now is the reason why they shut that ride down. I always heard the rumor of someone having fallen to their death while on that ride. That's remained one of my "questions of the universe" since I was 10 yrs. old.