Thursday, September 18, 2008

33rd Annnual Firefighters Private Party at Disneyland

Since September 17, 1993 was 15 years ago (I know, this post is one day late) these tickets are officially "Vintage".

"33rd Annual Firefighters Private Party at Disneyland". These have the typical early nineties style directly from the "Graphic Artists" department using state of the art computers circa 1993.

$20 if you had to pay or...





Complimentary!!!! Free works for me.




The back has the standard stuff about getting your hand stamped for re-entry. What exactly is the fluorescent yellow stuff they stamp your hand with? I bet it's laced with some weird genetically engineered chemical that makes you want to buy Disney merchandise...



2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Boy, you aren't kidding about the graphic design! It's funny, at the time they probably looked OK. Now they are just dated. I still have some stuff that I designed in the 80's and they look just awful! All those 80's squiggles and triangles and aqua and pink.

Tom Bortels said...

Ah, the memories...

Firefighter's night at Disneyland was magical. I remember going yearly, or nearly so, around the age of 10. My friends would go to the park, and have leftover A, B, and C tickets for "the baby rides", and sweat in the sun. But on "Fireman's Night" (we didn't know 'firefighter', your dad was a fireman), my brother and cousins (my uncles were mostly firefighters as well) and I would get there early evening, after the heat, and ride anything, as often as we wanted, running by the empty ticket booths in the park, laughing. My love of Disneyland today is a direct result of those nights - they were a very special thing.

I'll be taking my girls (10 and 5) this year, some weekday in mid November when the crowds are down (but before the Thanksgiving break) and try to let them get a feel for the magic.