Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Progressland Snap Shot

In addition to an amazing event at Knott’s this weekend I also was lucky to meet up with loyal blog reader and friend “Jim”. Jim has contributed a ton of material to the blog in the past and on Saturday he gave me another large cardboard box filled to the brim with Vintage Disneyland goodies. Vacationlands, Disneyland Lines, Rare Backstage magazines and lots more. THANKS JIM!!!!!

I’m still sorting thru all the goodies, but this little gem jumped out so I thought I’d post it right away. Undated, but it must be from 1964 or 1965. Is that a maternity dress or was that just the style???






Progressland was Free, for the whole attraction???






I always assumed this was a ticketed attraction at the fair like It’s a Small World, I guess not! Come to think of it, it was free at Disneyland too!


4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm trying to imagine somebody handing me a box full of Vacationlands, Disneyland Lines, and great stuff like you posted today. My brain just can't do it. Sounds like "Jim" is a good guy to know!!

TokyoMagic! said...

This was such an incredible attraction to begin with, and then the fact that it was free on top of that....no wonder we are always told that the lines for this went on forever. Didn't they even have to set up makeshift tenting over the switchbacks behind the building? Oh how I wish I could have seen this Fair...and THIS version of the Carousel of Progress!

Jason Schultz said...

Obviously, I love everything Progressland-related and this is a particularly nice post on the eve of World's Fair Day.

When will you send me an inventory and scanning schedule? ;)

Daveland said...

Look at those crowds! Not quite like what you see at The House of Today...oops, I mean Tomorrow at Disneyland now.