Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Videopolis Press Kit - Part 1

Can you believe it’s been almost 25 years since Videopolis opened at Disneyland? Let’s take a look back at all the hype that surrounded the “newest” dance spot in Anaheim in 1985. This press kit contains all kinds of neat stuff, so much stuff that I’m going to spread it over two posts, be sure to come back tomorrow for part two.






The Videopolis Media Premiere was held on June 24, 1985. A Buffet Reception was held at The Golden Horse from 7:30-9:00pm, and then at 9:15am time to have a “Blast” at Disneyland’s all new teenage video dance club phenomenon.






Here something super-shinny for all you Disneyland Postcard collectors out there.






It’s a Postcard AND a Bumper Sticker, boy do I miss the ‘80’s.






Isn’t it neat the way this press photo gives a vivid color description of the entrance to Videopolis but then includes a dull black and white 8 x 10 glossy?







Disneyland Dance Fever” - I’m speechless…







The press release is full of fun facts and figures.






The back of the press release paper is covered in Videopolis Logos!






Yumz” sounds yummy! You’ll see more about that “Videopolis Passport Certiicate” during Grad Nite season.






Come back tomorrow for the rest of the press kit; more black & white photos, more facts & figures and a 7” vinyl record that I have yet to play so we’ll be hearing it together for the first time tomorrow. Be sure to wear your Guess Jeans…


3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Amazing! I loved Videopolis.

Daveland said...

Videopolis is something I know very little about - thanks for the great post!

Major Pepperidge said...

Any time I get to show off my incredible dancing ability, I'm happy. Hip-hop, disco, ballet, and especially "interpretive dance" ("I'm a little butterfly caught in a storm").