Thursday, November 17, 2011

Magic Kingdom Club Ticket Book - September 1976

Have I got a deal for you! I'll supply you with this September 1976 Disneyland Magic Kingdom Club complete ticket book, and a Fall-Winter 1976 Disneyland Guide book, I’ll even throw in my stack of 1976 $2 bills, all you have to do is supply a time machine that takes us back to 1976.




Rather than crop the welcome message scan I left it in its pure form.





“Be our Guest” at the Walt Disney Story, and don’t worry, we brought Mr. Lincoln back so it doesn’t stink anymore.





Eleven of these “Magic Key” tickets awaits the reader who presents his or her time machine (in working order of course).







You better bring your Van deck shoes, because I’m bolting for Tomorrowland 1976!




$6.25, a $14.90 maximum value, yours free simply for the use of your time machine.





The Fall/Winter 1976-77 Disneyland Guidebook is significant in two import ways, it’s the last guide book in this smaller true “shirt pocket” size, the next edition would get taller and skinnier. And secondly, the Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland makes its final appearance in any guide book.



Some selected pages are show below, you can download the entire guide book below even if you don't have a time machine:


10 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man, 1976 would have been an awesome time to be at Disneyland. I would prefer to have the Carousel of Progress over "America Sings", but can't be too picky.

JG said...

It was an awesome time.

Thanks for this post.

JG

Connie Moreno said...

I agree - Disneyland was SO AWESOME in 1976!!! I went several times that year because I was pregnant and I knew that once the baby arrived, it would be a while before I could go again. Also, I collect Disneyland items from 1976 and I would do anything for a copy of that guidebook, LOL! Well, almost anything...

Anonymous said...

I can remember the stacks of tickets I amassed while at the "turnstile" position at several attractions on the westside, giving them away to my friends that I would sign through the main gate. Still have a few ticketbooks such these in a box somewhere. 1976 was a great year to work and visit the park. All the lands were worth experiencing.

Disney Showcase Key said...

I love the key design!

keeline said...

What impresses me the most about these often overlooked guides is the level of detail they provide about the ticket level of the attractions and the stores and restaurants present at the time. They provide an interesting snapshot that other sources do not so I am extra thankful that you scan these and offer them to us.

James

TokyoMagic! said...

I love this time period in the park's history. The Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland was still there, the Bicentennial celebration was just winding down and the anticipation of Space Mountain was almost too much to stand!

Jason Schultz said...

But Tim, which day in 1976 should we go back to?

Bon of Babble said...

Oh, thank you for posting this!!

Time machine to 1976? Are you kidding? I was 20 years old! A GREAT year.

I got into a furious argument about the glass blower -- I KNEW there was one on Main Street, my friend claimed there was never one there -- the map clearly shows a Glass Blower on Main Street. I don't remember a tobacco shop. Also is the dog kennel still there?

Yes, a wonderful year for Disneyland, magical

Unknown said...

I have a 1976 ticket book for sale in anyone interested.call me at 8183018964 and ask about the Disney ticket post you read and the tickets being for sale and I'll know you got this info from this post. Thanks