Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kaiser Family Fun Night at Disneyland - December 1, 1968

It’s Family Fun Night at Disneyland December 1, 1968. This was the first annual Kaiser Steel and Kaiser Permanente Medical Entities Family Fun Night. I’ve always wondered if the “Steel” Kaiser was the same as the “Medical” Kaiser, looks like they are.

This event appears not to be private party so hang on to this ticket, you're going to need it for admission to the attractions. For $3.75 you get eight hours of unlimited attractions on a Sunday evening, how many can you do? I’m staying in the “New” Tomorrowland all night thank you very much…






How about a stunning Vacationland cover to go with our 1968 ticket? Up until recently my only copy of this Fall 1968 edition of Vacationland was a badly water damaged version. Compliments of the Jack ‘N Jill Motel, we’ve got a much nicer copy to look at.






This is where I’ll be for half of the family fun night, riding the PeopleMover around and around 1968 Tomorrowland.







Have you heard the Tomorrowland Terrace will close on January 4, 2010 for a four month refurbishment? That’s a long time to close. It is getting pretty worn, most of it’s from 1967, oh I sure hope they do it right. Note: The Rivers of America (and its associated attractions) will also be closed for refurbishment from January 4th thru May 6th, 2010. (link)






This is where I’ll be for the other half of the family fun night – I bet there’s a certain Gorilla that doesn’t blog who will be riding ATIS all night…


3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

You are definitely right about riding ATIS all night! I wish I had the talent (and money and time and...) to build a scale tabletop model of the whole attraction.

I'll bet that the Disney folks never imagined that the Peoplemover would be missed so sorely. "It's slow and boring, nobody will care!".

Love the stamp from the Jack and Jill Motel, absolutely a plus!

Anonymous said...

That's the real thing right there. I remember the J&J motel.

I really love this stuff. Thanks!

Pegleg Pete said...

Might the ROA closure/'major refurbishment' entail the return of the Keel boats you've been predicting for some time now? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?