Thursday, January 7, 2010

Disneyland - Winter Program 1987

Its winter time at Disneyland! This Winter Program was effective January 14 thru March 6, 1987. Published exclusively for Anaheim Area Lodging Guests. It’s similar to the Summer 1987 Program I posted last July (link). It’s also similar to the Holiday 1988 Program from last months post (link) although that one was from American Express.






Here’s the park operating hours for the first three months of 1987. Do you think someone would ever try and record Disneyland’s operating hours for EVERY SINGLE DAY the part has been open since July 17, 1955? Nah, that’s too mind boggling.






Hey, the Disneyland art department can just copy my scan and print it in the new Guide Maps for February 2010!






Some neat stuff I have vaguely heard of; The “Totally Minnie” parade sounds totally rad. The Great Gold Mystery of Bear County show must have been fun. “A Polynesian Show” was playing at the Tahitian Terrace – bring back the Tahitian Terrace, its long over due.






Star Tours was “All New” when they printed this program; it opened just five days before the “effective” dates began.


8 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

"Be one of the first to experience it at the only place you can - Disneyland...and nowhere else in the Universe."???? It opened at Disneyland AFTER it debuted at EPCOT. Sorry, I'm being nit-picky, but Disney always likes to exaggerate things when it comes to advertising their new attractions.

TokyoMagic! said...

P.S. I'm glad it (Captain EO) is making a return to DL!

Major Pepperidge said...

Am I the only person who didn't like Captain EO?? It had that distinctive George Lucas "humor" and dialog. The music was OK....

Meanwhile, I remember being so excited to finally ride Star Tours, and now everyone is ready for a new update.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Disneyland ad writers think the Known "Universe" is contained within Disneyland...

I saw Capt. EO ONCE and was not impressed at all. That was 20+ years ago so I am curious to see if my perspective has changed or if it still sucks...

But, I am glad to see something "old" that was popular return to DL. Hopefully it doesn't stay long but hopefully it does set a tone for revitalizing Tomorrowland!

Dave Meek said...

Recent reports indicate that a new AP center will be located on the Esplanade in the new stroller rental building thus freeing up Carnation Gardens to be a food service location again. This also means that Tahitian Terrace could possibly return in some form. Here's hoping.

Jason Schultz said...

Tim, they won't even need to scan the EO flier; they can just call 999-4128 to reorder.

Jason Schultz said...

Also, looking at contemporary newspaper accounts, it looks like Disney A-Z and Strodder's Disneyland Encyclopedia have the Captain EO opening date wrong. It did premiere at EPCOT Center on September 12, but at Disneyland on September 13 (not September 18). I can see a speck of dirt or sloppy handwriting contributing to such an error.

TokyoMagic! said...

Well, Captain EO was by no means my favorite DL attraction, but yes the fact that something from the past is making a return to the park....and ANYTHING is better than Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I NEVER liked that film. I liked the music and dancing in Captain EO, but could have done without the Ewok/Jar Jar Binks/Howard the Duck type peripheral characters. If I had my way, all the 3-D movies in all the Disney parks would be replaced by dark rides.