Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bonus Sunday

Welcome to Bonus Sunday. From Friday's post, here is the complete Summer 1978 "Your Complete Guide to Walt Disney World".


1978 Walt Disney World Guide Book - 50mb






And how about some nice vintage WDW Postcards to go with the guide book? This first one is my favorite.






This had to be the coolest attraction when the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, I sure wish I could have seen it.








These AA's look just like their Anaheim twins, the attraction however is not a twin.









Odd...





This is just creepy, it reminds me of the one of the first Walt Disney World commercials (link) what were they thinking?


4 comments:

Pegleg Pete said...

Thanks so much for scanning and posting the whole guide! God how I miss the old Magic Kingdom – especially The Mickey Mouse Revue and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Like the Pirate Ship in Disneyland, the Nautilus subs lent a true 'fantasy' feel to Fantasyland. The current emphasis on tastefully theming the Fantasylands on an idealized European fairy-tale village seems lazily unimaginative to me.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Major Pepperidge said...

Hmmm, some of those postcards are kind of odd... I've always thought it was strange that they don't show the amazing attractions, but instead focus on the costumed characters (which is NOT the reason I go to the parks)...

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Love the guide books from WDW. Would you happen to have the Electrical Parade promo brochure from the 1970's WDW?