Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Disneyland Service Awards - December 8, 1977

Here's a switch, I'm usually a day or two late on matching an old date with the current date, today I'm a day early... from December 8, 1977 we've got the program to the Disneyland Service Awards Banquet held in the Embassy Room of the Disneyland Hotel.




Tinkerbell has a nice spot here on the fancy separator page, which itself feels like thick parchment paper.





Nice Agenda; get drunk, eat, watch a program, have the awards presentation, then dancing!





Who would ever want to know all these names of people that worked at Disneyland and when they retired?







5 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow, 20 years would have meant they started in 1957. Why is there a place for a 25 year recipient (1952?), but no name?

Knott's had a similar service awards dinner, but it was held outdoors at the picnic grounds across the street and they served everyone Mrs. Knott's fried chicken.....classy!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hey TM, the name was (is) there, I blocked it out mistakenly thinking they were related to the person who gave me this, but after re-looking at it I see that's not the case so I re-scanned it & posted it. But good question, were there Disneyland Employees in 1952???

Jason Schultz said...

The 25-year name doesn't look familiar to me; I'll have to check the thesaurus later to see if I have any other mentions. That is really bizarre.

mouseclubhouse said...

Love your site and check it every day and look forward to your bonus Sundays or Mondays. This was a fascinating post. I recognized a lot of names. It is interesting that the great Fulton Burley is listed as Frank Burley, his given name (Fulton is actually a middle name).

Anonymous said...

I ran across a Disneyland brochure type map from 1955. It has one of the seven dwarfs on it. I have looked all over the internet and I'm not able to find much on it. Any ideas if it is worth anything? Thank you