Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bonus Sunday


Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle, the booklet. Dated 1957, I see these frequently on EBay, I bet Walt ordered about 10 million copies! This one is in fine condition and always fun to look at. Here is the entire booklet in PDF format.

Sleeping Beauty Castle Booklet (24MB)





The center of the booklet opens to this beautiful panorama scene, rather large at 30 x 11 inches. Thank you Richard at Viewliner Ltd. for weaving these two scans into one for us. (High resolution scan here 6mb)





I have a few of these booklets, but this is the only one with this coupon still in it. Free mailing envelope available at the Arts and Crafts Store, I wonder what the envelope looked like?





As promised from Tuesday’s post (link), here is the complete "First Fantastmic" April 1992 Disneyland Guide Book. I was also going to post the “pre” Fantastmic guide, but it's just a mess. Odd that guide books that were my own when I was at the park are in the worst condition! This one looks like I kept it in my shoe all day and it has what appears to be chocolate ice cream soaked thru a few pages. Trust me, you aren’t missing anything,

Disneyland Guide Book – April 1992 (21mb) don’t worry, this one is clean, it wasn’t mine until eBay…





Check out number 13 on this Tomorrowland page. EPCOT Poll Person of the Century? A ten year poll to end in 2000. I must have missed that one, apparently I wasn’t alone.

Person of the Century: This was launched on January 14, 1990. Cast your vote from 89 nominees or write in your own choice. At one point, some of the top nominees included Lucille Ball, Winston Churchill, Marie Curie, Thomas Edison, Mikhail Gorbachev, Michael Jackson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Mother Theresa. The poll was discontinued before 2000 and no final winner was ever announced. Amazingly, Walt Disney was not one of the nominees! (Source: waltdatedworld.bravepages.com)




Tomorrow: Knott’s Monday is setting the time machine to back to 1949!

10 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great job Tim. As many times as I have seen the cover of the Sleeping Beauty Book...I have never seen the inside. Thanks for a great post. And I always totally dig the Disneyland Guides.

Disneyana World said...

What program do you use to make the .pdf files?

I tried using Adobe, but I couldn't figure out a darn thing.

Any tips and suggestions about how to make these files would be much appreciated.

mr wiggins said...

Many thanks for posting the guides and especially the Sleeping Beauty booklet. Very much appreciated!

Matt said...

I remember the poll, it was same area as those speaker phone booths. The funny thing about the poll was that they had about 100 or so canned entries that did not include Walt Disney... So I always wrote him in. The poll machines mysteriously disappeared shortly after they appeared, guess they didn't like the results they were getting

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Thanks for helping Viewliner! I never really looked inside until I scanned it, its fun.

Disneyana World, I use Adobe Acrobat Profession 7.0. It allows my to easily combine multiple .JPG files into on .PDF file. I think there are “free” .PDF “writers” out there on the net, I remember using “WIN2PDF” a while back.

Mr. Wiggins, your welcome, thanks for the nice comments.

Matt; WOW, thanks for the first hand account of the Poll, weird about Walt not being on the list. FYI: The “Poll” disappears from the 1993 Guide Book.

Futurama said...

According to a Jim Hill article (as I recall) the Person of the Century was abandoned because a bunch of WDW cast members were voting for a particular WDW cast member as a write-in candidate. The Disneyland kiosk at the exit to Circlevision had two terminals if my memory serves me correctly.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic formula! I have commenced producing my personal laundry detergent only just lately * and find it irresistible -- along with possess a pretreatment apply - These are generally Straightforward components and i am going to give mtss is a test!!! Thank you for posting the idea!
GW2 Gold



Buy RS Gold

rscredits said...

buy runescape gold with 5% discount code:CHRISTMAS.

Details: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/443

Free 200M runescape gold Giveaway on RSorder Flash Sale! Time: 03:00 AM on December 21, 2012 GMT

To know more: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/441

Like RSorder Facebook to Get 200M Free rs gold! If our facebook fans reach to 10,000, we will send out totally 200M free RS gold.

Rsorder facebook : http://www.facebook.com/RSorderSite?ref=tn_tnmn

Detailed info at: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/435

Fast delivery can be assured if you buy rs gold pay by Western Union at Rsorder!

Unknown said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Job~~~Thanks for this good article. Excuse me go read it. Hopefully more success. by 4rsgold.com rs gold

WaltDatedWorld said...

Hi it’s Alison from the Walt Dated World website. Thank you for including a link to my page that had info about Epcot's Person of the Century poll. My site now has a new address of https://www.waltdatedworld.com. If you could correct the link in your post to I’d appreciate it. Hope you can visit the site soon! Thanks!