Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bonus Sunday - Double Disney News

Today's Bonus Sunday consists of two "Disney News" magazines. This magazine was the official magazine for Magic Kingdom Club Members. Yes I've been promising a post series on the Magic Kingdom Club, it will come soon I promise.

These magazines are more "text" based than the colorful "Vacationland" magazines, but there is actually a ton of neat information in these. First from the Summer of 1966, lots of new things coming to Disneyland. A few great pics of Walt and lots of fun stuff.


Disney News - Summer 1966 Full scan - (34mb)






Naturally, this is my favorite page from the 1966 Disney News. Date Nite ticket prices!!!!






From the Fall of 1978, this Disney News has much more color and still some neat information. Fun Mickey's fiftieth stuff too.


Disney News - Fall 1978 Full scan - (57mb)






Without a doubt my favorite article in this issue, a teaser about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! "It could only happen at Disneyland". I think this has become one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland, I underrated and under-rode it for many years, my loss.






Tomorrow: Knott's Monday!

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Again a fantastic post thanks Tim.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, check out that amazing model of Big Thunder!! Amazing. Hope it still exists...

Disneyana World said...

I love Disney News.

I have a stack of 'em.

Jason Schultz said...

What's interesting about the Big Thunder model is that it does not show Big Thunder Trail. They must have thought of adding that later in the design process!