Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve at Disneyland - 1975, 1977 & 1978

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! We've got a nice trio of New Year's at Disneyland tickets for your review today (OK, technically there's four tickets). Be sure and check out my previous three years of New Years Eve's posts - can you believe this is the fourth New Year's day post on this blog - I can't!


2007 Post (link) - New Year's Eve at Disneyland 1987

2008 Post (link) - Gala New Year's Party at Disneyland 1966 & 1967

2009 Post (link) - New Year's Eve at Disneyland 1967 - LP by Pepsi



For this years post we're stuck smack-dab in the middle of the 70's. First up 1975 - a Mickey Mouse Watch and a cool fireworks silhouette.






I've actually posted this 1977 ticket before (link) but now I've got the gate flyer to go with it so I thought I'd post the ticket again.





The cover to the flyer nicely matches the ticket.





Minnie Riperton and MECO of "Star Wars Disco" - Sweet!






And last from 1978, this pair of tickets show it saves (2 bucks) to purchase tickets in advance! How crowded do you suppose the park is today and tonight? Suppose you go and let us know.


4 comments:

Katella Gate said...

Personally I like the 1967 tickets best. The graphics are much cleaner, and frankly look more "adult".

Finally, the picture doesn't involve Disney characters. Come on guys! It's called overexposure! Get one of those boys in marketing to explain it to you!

Connie Moreno said...

OH my god...$10.00???? I wish there was a way to time travel!

Anonymous said...

Attended the December 31, 1975 New Years Eve event. Only 20,000 tickets were offered and sold on the day of the event. We happened to be in the park and heard the announcement and were fortunate to be able to dig the extra thirty dollars from our limited travelers checks. That evening all rides were available without standing in lines, and did not require individual tickets from a ticket book and offered unlimited access to the rides, although some of the rides were not operating that evening. Live bands, I think The Commodores played on one stage in Fantasy Land, followed by the Hughes Corporation on the same stage. Most of the Disney Staff had the night off and we were amazed to see litter accumulating on the park grounds throughout that evening. Electric Parade and fireworks fulfilled the fantasy of our New Years Eve party in Disneyland.

jesus said...

I was at Disney world New Year’s Eve 1975. I was 6 years old and watched the band STARBUCK play. I was right in front of the man playing the xylophones and I never forgot that. Great memories!