Friday, August 23, 2013

Grad Nite 1964 - The Program

Yes this blog still lives! I'm staying with my excuse that the dog ate my homework. I got the dog a stronger leash so more posts soon.

Today we're going to Grad Nite at Disneyland - 1964!  This wonderful souvenir program scan was sent to the blog by reader "Don", thank you Don!  You sent a great item!




Is your High School on the list? Mine wasn't built yet...



The Elliott Brothers Orchestra played, they are my favorite "Disneyland" band, go ahead, listen...


video

You can hear the entire Elliott Brothers album here (link).



A Hootenanny, I know Jason would dig that.  What great names, The Space Men, The Astronauts, Mad Mountain Ramblers!


A brand new Mustang.  I bet the door lock grommets rattled, they all did!


Nice luminescent look...


.




From a previous post, the Ticket and Photo Card.

----- Originally posted June 17, 2008 (link - includes 1965 Tencennial Supplement in color) ----












And here is what you could have won, a brand new 1964 ½ Mustang. The Mustang was introduced mid-year on April 17, 1964. Ford considered it a “1965” model, but there were subtle difference between it and the “True 1965” models that were built after that first summer. Isn't she pretty?





The evolution of the first Mustang.






6 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I love the artwork on the 1960s Grad Nite programs and Date Nite brochures. They always seem to capture the romance of Disneyland at night.

Nice pic of the luminescent Mark Twain!

Davelandweb said...

Welcome back, Tim! I love seeing these vintage graphics for Grad Nite. Hope the dog didn't get sick on your homework.

Mark Taft said...

Glad to have you back in action, Tim!

Major Pepperidge said...

IT LIVES!! I love these Grad Nite booklets, such a great bit of ephemera from the mid-1960's. I have 3 or 4 different years, but still want at least one more for my own collection.

Anonymous said...

All these booklets, ads, park guides and Disney News were all produced in-house in Creative Services.
I remember in the 80s Paul Brewer who married Betty Taylor AKA Sue Foot at the Golden Horseshoe, ran the department.
It was a neat time.

tozca sudirman said...

I am greatly weighed down by your opinions for that specific tale. A additional deeper and staged expertise could well be very fine for me
davia leather
new game kids
toko jaket kulit murah di garut
jaket kulit asli domba
jaket kulit jakarta
jaket kulit